Significant Investor stream holders can extend their stay in Australia for up to 4 more years.

  • You must not have held more than one Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) Significant Investor Extension stream visa.
  • You must continue to hold your complying significant investment in accordance with the complying investment framework in place at the time you applied for this visa.
  • If a family member who is part of your application did not pay a second instalment of the visa application charge for a previous subclass 188 visa application, they must be assessed as having functional English or you will need to pay the second instalment.
  • Must have a current nomination from a State or Territory agency before being invited to apply for this visa.
  • Not have a history of involvement in unacceptable activities.
  • Sign the Australian values statement.
  • Have no debt to the Australian Government.
  • Meet our health and character requirement.
  • Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.



Fill the Immigration Assessment Form from SUN LAWYERS to check if you meet the requirements of the stream


Enter into an Agreement

You will sign a costs disclosure and costs agreement with SUN LAWYERS


Document Preparation

We will guide you through the whole process of gathering and preparing documents



Lodge the state/ territory nomination application for you


Visa Application

Lodge the visa application for you


Further Document Preparation

Guide you in responding to request letters from the immigration department (if applicable)


Health and Character Check

Arrange health and character check


Visa Outcomes

Decision letter
will be sent to you

Significant Investor Extension stream Fee
Base application charge
Additional applicant charge 18 and over
Additional applicant charge under 18
For your concerns


Yes. If your situation has changed or is about to change such as passport details,personal details,relationships status etc, you need to tell department of home affairs as your visa might be affected. More details here.