You cannot apply for this visa if you have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa.


You can apply for a Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) if you meet certain age requirements (see chart below):

  • Must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor for this visa and the sponsor have to pass the financial income test.*The amount of the income test and bank deposit is relatively complex and will vary from family to family. 
  • You must pass the family balance test and have at least 50% of your children permanently resident in Australia; that is, at least half of your children must be permanently resident in Australia or more of your children must be resident in Australia than in another country. (Children included in the Family Balance Test are: children, stepchildren, adopted children etc.)
  • Must be able to obtain an assurance of support.
  • Meet the health and character requirement.
  • Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government.
  • Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.

  • Sign the Australian values statement.

Aged Parent visa 804 Fee
Base application charge
Additional applicant charge 18 and over
Additional applicant charge under 18