• Migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
  • Study and access Medicare
  • Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
  • The child must be dependent on a parent who is an: Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent visa holder.

  • The child must be sponsored by an eligible parent or their parent’s spouse or de facto partner.

  • The child must be either under 18 years old, or over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time, or over 18 years with a disability.

  • The child must never have been married or had a de facto partner. 

  • Meet the health and character requirement.

  • Have consent to migrate to Australia.

  • Might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.

Child Visa 101/802 Fee
Base application charge
Additional applicant charge 18 and over
Additional applicant charge under 18